Late opening of car park causes travel disruption in Ilford
The late opening of a car park caused travel disruption in Ilford during the rush-hour this morning.
The Britannia car park in Clements Road, Ilford, normally opens at 6.30am but remained closed two hours later according to a member of a nearby health club.
Manjit Singh, 40, of Ilford, who uses the Virgin Active Health Club in Clements Road, waited for 45 minutes to gain entry to the 650-space car park before giving up.
He said the car park remained closed after he left Virgin Active at 8.30am.
He said: “From Winston Way roundabout, it was clogged up with traffic because cars and buses couldn’t get through.
You may also want to watch:
“People were still queuing at 8.30am.
“There was a lot of disruption because of traffic from the Virgin Active members and the builders [working in Clements Road].”
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
The official opening time of the car park is 7am but Mr Singh, who has been a member of the health club for a year, said an attendant always opens it at 6.30am.
A Britannia Parking spokesman said the car park opened at 8.30am but would not provide any further comment.