Late night Woodford pub plans canned
Controversial plans to turn a South Woodford pub into a late night music venue have been canned.
The Napier Arms in Woodford New Road lodged proposals to serve alcohol and play live music until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays but the plans saw more than 70 objections from residents.
They joined forces with councillors to present a case against the application to Redbridge Council which showed problems were already being caused.
Licensing officers confirmed the pub had breached a string of conditions and told owner Cameron Russell he must stop serving alcohol at 11pm from Monday to Thursday, midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and 11.30pm on Sundays.
Live music cannot be played after 11pm from Monday to Saturday and 10.30pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The pub was also told to introduce a noise limiter.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 9 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab