Late night Woodford pub plans canned
Controversial plans to turn a South Woodford pub into a late night music venue have been canned.
The Napier Arms in Woodford New Road lodged proposals to serve alcohol and play live music until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays but the plans saw more than 70 objections from residents.
They joined forces with councillors to present a case against the application to Redbridge Council which showed problems were already being caused.
Licensing officers confirmed the pub had breached a string of conditions and told owner Cameron Russell he must stop serving alcohol at 11pm from Monday to Thursday, midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and 11.30pm on Sundays.
Live music cannot be played after 11pm from Monday to Saturday and 10.30pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The pub was also told to introduce a noise limiter.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 9 Redbridge ranked second most hygienic London borough for nightlife
- 10 Nine in ten Redbridge women report being subject to street harassment