Late night Woodford pub plans canned
Controversial plans to turn a South Woodford pub into a late night music venue have been canned.
The Napier Arms in Woodford New Road lodged proposals to serve alcohol and play live music until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays but the plans saw more than 70 objections from residents.
They joined forces with councillors to present a case against the application to Redbridge Council which showed problems were already being caused.
Licensing officers confirmed the pub had breached a string of conditions and told owner Cameron Russell he must stop serving alcohol at 11pm from Monday to Thursday, midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and 11.30pm on Sundays.
Live music cannot be played after 11pm from Monday to Saturday and 10.30pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The pub was also told to introduce a noise limiter.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer