Lashings of leaves all in a day’s work for Ilford volunteers
Despite the cold and the rain a team of volunteers were undeterred from their cleaning crusade managing to bag up lashings of leaves.
The group of about 30 people were doing their regular clean up of the streets of Redbridge this week turning their gaze to the car park near Seven Kings station in High Road.
The clean up was part of the Al Noor Foundation’s project For a Positive Change which aims to make a contribution to the community we live in.
Sadiq Kothia, from the foundation, said: “It’s about helping, it’s to make a positive change to the area by keeping the environment clean. It’s also about educating adults as a clean community is a safer community.”
The project started in March and teams regularly meet to clean up different areas around the borough.
You may also want to watch:
This clean up was lead by Seven Kings Mosque, High Road, Seven Kings on Saturday.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 3 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 9 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 10 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears