Lane restrictions on A12 cause heavy delays for drivers
Lane restrictions on the A12/Eastern Avenue caused severe delays for drivers this morning after work on the Olympic Route Network began over the weekend.
Queues began at the Redbridge Roundabout and continued beyond Wanstead underground station as people made their way to work.
The road will form part of the Olympic Route Network, which is not set to come into effect until Wednesday, but lane changes made over the weekend meant that some journeys took an hour longer than normal.
The lane restrictions on the A12 East Cross Route, which TfL believe will have a significant impact on traffic, were put in place to ensure the network is ready on Wednesday.
TfL has advised motorists that journeys are likely to take considerably longer and people should avoid driving into central London and on the ORN. For more information visit getaheadofthegames.com.
You may also want to watch:
Leon Daniels, managing director surface transport, TfL, added: “The changes put in place over the weekend to build the Olympic Route Network, combined with the arrival of 11,500 athletes media and officials, an event for Heads of State at Buckingham Palace and the Torch Relay continuing means London’s roads are exceptionally busy.”
Did you have problems getting to work this morning? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3800.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence