Lane restrictions on A12 cause heavy delays for drivers
Lane restrictions on the A12/Eastern Avenue caused severe delays for drivers this morning after work on the Olympic Route Network began over the weekend.
Queues began at the Redbridge Roundabout and continued beyond Wanstead underground station as people made their way to work.
The road will form part of the Olympic Route Network, which is not set to come into effect until Wednesday, but lane changes made over the weekend meant that some journeys took an hour longer than normal.
The lane restrictions on the A12 East Cross Route, which TfL believe will have a significant impact on traffic, were put in place to ensure the network is ready on Wednesday.
TfL has advised motorists that journeys are likely to take considerably longer and people should avoid driving into central London and on the ORN. For more information visit getaheadofthegames.com.
You may also want to watch:
Leon Daniels, managing director surface transport, TfL, added: “The changes put in place over the weekend to build the Olympic Route Network, combined with the arrival of 11,500 athletes media and officials, an event for Heads of State at Buckingham Palace and the Torch Relay continuing means London’s roads are exceptionally busy.”
Did you have problems getting to work this morning? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3800.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones