Kind-hearted Woodford Green hairdressers to help children with autism
The kind-hearted owners of a Woodford Green hairdressers are offering free haircuts to children with autism as part of their work with a local charity.
Andy’s Barbershop in Jubilee Parade, Snakes Lane East, will provide the service on April 24 to help children with autism spectrum disorders.
The shop’s owner Andreas Demetri is a proud supporter of the UK Autism Foundation (UKAF) in George Lane, South Woodford and the charity event will help to mark the recent UN World Autism Awareness Day.
Business partner Zack Noun said about 30 children with autism spectrum disorders are regular customers at the shop.
He said: “The children do need our support and it’s nice to be able to offer that service.”
You may also want to watch:
Ivan Corea, who founded UKAF with his wife Charika and who has an autistic son Charin, said: “Zack is really good with children with autism.
“I take my son and we talked to Zack about World Autism Awareness Day and he wanted to do something.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
“It’s very kind [of them].”
The shop will be able to offer one free haircut an hour between 9am and 5pm.