Join in Nordic walking action with day of activities in Woodford Green and beyond
A Woodford Green woman is organising a host of free activities to celebrate World Nordic Walking Day on Sunday (May 19).
Nikkii Barnett, 42, of Mornington Road, runs the Nordic Walking East London and Essex group and has arranged walks starting in north Chingford and heading in to Epping Forest and Woodford Green.
The energetic style of walking uses poles.
“It creates a complete body work-out,” according to Nikkii.
Activities will run from 9.45am to 6pm and include taster sessions, one to two hour walks and technique refreshers.
You may also want to watch:
Email email@example.com or visit www.exerciseindisguise.com for information.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 5 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 6 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour