Hainault school scoops top mental health award for outstanding wellbeing provision
- Credit: Archant
A Hainault primary school has scooped a top mental health award for its outstanding mental health and wellbeing provision.
John Bramston Primary School was presented with the gold standard award from the Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools by Ilford North MP Wes Streeting.
Headteacher Melanie Dye said: "I am extremely proud of all of my staff and pupils who work tirelessly to ensure the best possible outcomes in wellbeing and personal achievement.
"Further, we are making a real difference and their families and then they're sharing their ideas with their extended families.
"The welfare of pupils in this ever challenging world around us is at the foremost of our desires for our pupils.
You may also want to watch:
"Their voice and feedback reassures us, that they feel safe and listened to."
The school hosts classes in mindfulness and yoga as part of its curriculum and also holds a weekly "curiosity club" which lets staff and students take part in a lucky dip of activities, such as baking, ice skating and ballet.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays