ITV bosses stand by Only Way is Essex star Mark Wright after club fight arrest
He ‘has not broken the law’ according to channel
BOSSES at ITV2 have vowed to stand by Only Essex’s love rat Mark Wright who was arrested on suspicion of brawling in the street earlier this week.
Mr Wright was arrested at Deuces Bar in Chigwell Road, Woodford Green, in the early hours of Monday morning, after a fight broke out outside the nightclub at just after 2am.
The 23-year-old was taken to Ilford Police Station by police, with Lewis Tweed, 20, younger brother of Jack Tweed, who married Big Brother star Jade Goody.
A spokesman for ITV2 today said: “Mark Wright has not broken the law.
You may also want to watch:
“He was arrested by police earlier this week and has been helping them with questions.”
But tabloid newspapers reported that the show’s bosses were “furious” with the nightclub promoter for being arrested for affray.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
The pair have been bailed until the end of January.
The maximum sentence for affray is ten years in prison.