ITV bosses stand by Only Way is Essex star Mark Wright after club fight arrest
He ‘has not broken the law’ according to channel
BOSSES at ITV2 have vowed to stand by Only Essex’s love rat Mark Wright who was arrested on suspicion of brawling in the street earlier this week.
Mr Wright was arrested at Deuces Bar in Chigwell Road, Woodford Green, in the early hours of Monday morning, after a fight broke out outside the nightclub at just after 2am.
The 23-year-old was taken to Ilford Police Station by police, with Lewis Tweed, 20, younger brother of Jack Tweed, who married Big Brother star Jade Goody.
A spokesman for ITV2 today said: “Mark Wright has not broken the law.
You may also want to watch:
“He was arrested by police earlier this week and has been helping them with questions.”
But tabloid newspapers reported that the show’s bosses were “furious” with the nightclub promoter for being arrested for affray.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
The pair have been bailed until the end of January.
The maximum sentence for affray is ten years in prison.