ITV bosses stand by Only Way is Essex star Mark Wright after club fight arrest
He ‘has not broken the law’ according to channel
BOSSES at ITV2 have vowed to stand by Only Essex’s love rat Mark Wright who was arrested on suspicion of brawling in the street earlier this week.
Mr Wright was arrested at Deuces Bar in Chigwell Road, Woodford Green, in the early hours of Monday morning, after a fight broke out outside the nightclub at just after 2am.
The 23-year-old was taken to Ilford Police Station by police, with Lewis Tweed, 20, younger brother of Jack Tweed, who married Big Brother star Jade Goody.
A spokesman for ITV2 today said: “Mark Wright has not broken the law.
You may also want to watch:
“He was arrested by police earlier this week and has been helping them with questions.”
But tabloid newspapers reported that the show’s bosses were “furious” with the nightclub promoter for being arrested for affray.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
The pair have been bailed until the end of January.
The maximum sentence for affray is ten years in prison.