Italian doctors tour Goodmayes mental health facility
A group of Italian doctors visited the adolescent mental health facility, Brookside, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes on Tuesday to find out more about the services available.
The visit from the group, who were from Coop Lilium, in the province of Chieti, Abruzzo, is part of a week-long tour of hospitals and healthcare facilities in England.
Coop Lilium provides intensive residential programmes for adolescents suffering from severe mental health problems and mental disability in communities in Abruzzo, Italy.
The group were shown around Brookside, which included a tour of the on-site school and a question and answer session with some of the young people.
Dominque Quattrocchi, director of Coop Lilium, said: “The visit to NELFT (North East London Foundation Trust) was great for the Italian group as it enabled them to see how adolescent mental health services are provided in a different country to their own.
You may also want to watch:
“They were very impressed with the welcome and information they received from the trust, and the informative tour they had of the Brookside facility.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 7 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School