IT’S CHRISTMAS! Barkingside gets into the festive mood with light switch-on
- Credit: citizenside.com
Fabulously festive charming Christmas lights lit up Barkingside last night, with Santa dropping in and lots of yummy gingerbread men served up.
The Christmas lights were organised by Barkingside 21 with more than 150 people turning up to get into the festive spirit and watch the street become illuminated.
Hordes of children got an early present from Santa when they went to see him at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside.
Ron Jeffries, 80, of Spearpoint Gardens, Newbury Park, said the light switch-on marked the beginning of the festive season for him.
“It was the start of Christmas,” he said. “It was a very good atmosphere and there were lots of children visiting Santa.”
You may also want to watch:
A gaggle of gingerbread men were cooked by the students at Redbridge College, Little Heath and there was also an exhibition in the library about improvement plans.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments