IT’S CHRISTMAS! Barkingside gets into the festive mood with light switch-on
- Credit: citizenside.com
Fabulously festive charming Christmas lights lit up Barkingside last night, with Santa dropping in and lots of yummy gingerbread men served up.
The Christmas lights were organised by Barkingside 21 with more than 150 people turning up to get into the festive spirit and watch the street become illuminated.
Hordes of children got an early present from Santa when they went to see him at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside.
Ron Jeffries, 80, of Spearpoint Gardens, Newbury Park, said the light switch-on marked the beginning of the festive season for him.
“It was the start of Christmas,” he said. “It was a very good atmosphere and there were lots of children visiting Santa.”
You may also want to watch:
A gaggle of gingerbread men were cooked by the students at Redbridge College, Little Heath and there was also an exhibition in the library about improvement plans.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands