Is this the biggest pothole in Redbridge? Have your say on the worst ones
- Credit: Archant
Is this one of the worst potholes in the borough? A South Woodford resident believes it is, as it causes his home to shake “violently” whenever a heavy vehicle drives over it.
An extra £650,000 has been set aside by Redbridge Council to target badly damaged roads like this and the Recorder wants to know which roads you think need repairing the most.
Steve Cahill, of Charnwood Drive, said: “There are seven large potholes, some of which are so large that whenever a bus or lorry goes over them at speed, both my house and next door shake, sometimes quite violently.
“I reported these potholes to Redbridge council on March 18 and my complaint was acknowledged, but as yet they have not been repaired.”
The weather conditions experienced over the past three years has led to a significant deterioration of roads and an increased number of potholes.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cahill added: “I wonder what the long-term property damage will be caused by the delay in getting these potholes repaired.”
• Help the council target the worst areas in the borough by getting in touch with the roads you think should be repaired. Email email@example.com, call us on 020 8477 3800 or tweet us @ilfordrecorder,
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved