Interns raise £600 for Barnardos after walking more than 13 miles to Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
A group of Barnardo’s interns raised more than £600 for the charity after walking half a marathon.
The group walked 13.3 miles from Barnardo’s borough office to its head office in Barkingside.
On the way they stopped in at the Indigo Project, Granville Road, Ilford.
This is one of the charity’s services and provides after school and holiday day care for children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Mohammed Zaman said: “It was an amazing experience to create this fundraising event from scratch, and see the incredible support from our friends and family in raising almost £600 for Barnardo’s.
You may also want to watch:
“The highlight of the walk was stopping off at the two services. It was amazing to see the work that Barnardo’s is doing on the ground, and also meeting some children that the charity is helping really drove us to complete the walk!”
Hannah Wallace said: “I am so pleased that I took part in the walk, and even though the weather wasn’t on our side, it was a lot of fun! It’s amazing to see just how much we have raised for Barnardo’s which is such a worthwhile cause.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
The interns are also organising a prince and princess themed “big toddle” event on April 23 for under five year olds at the Barnardo’s Village Green in Barkingside from 10am. For more information on how to take part please visit www.bigtoddle.co.uk or call 0845 270 9900.