Innovative shisha lounge opens in Ilford... and it’s indoors
A pair of entrepreneurial brothers from Seven Kings are pioneering a modern day twist on the classic shisha lounge.
Moe Ahmed, 36, and his brother Amjad, 30, are offering the first healthy, indoor shisha at the newly opened Vapour Lounge, in Cranbrook Road, Ilford.
The electric device is called a Halooka and gives out a vapour that is permissible to be used in a public place, allowing customers to stay out of the cold.
However, the brothers have also kept the more traditional Hookah pipes and offer ice cream, milkshakes and smoothies to customers looking to cool down.
Owners of other fast food businesses, the pair see the lounge as an exciting step in a new direction.
You may also want to watch:
Elder brother Moe said: “No other company in east London is offering the Halooka, which is a product sometimes used by sportsmen and celebrities as it’s a healthier option.
“We have created a great place for people to relax and unwind here.”
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
The lounge opened in January and offers VIP areas.