Images of four Redbridge mosque attackers released
These are the faces of four teenage thugs who smashed up a Redbridge mosque before hurling a brick at the imam.
The four were jailed yesterday for a total of 12-and-a-half years for their involvement in the attack on Redbridge Islamic Centre, Eastern Avenue.
The gang shattered the windows of the building before trying to storm their way inside while taunting worshippers with sickening chants.
Rocky Beale, 19, of Purleigh Avenue, Woodford Green, and Eliot Jones, 19, of Keswick Gardens, Redbridge, pelted the centre with bricks, along with 18-year-old Matthew Stephenson, of Burrow Road, Hainault.
Harry Deluca, 16, whose name can now be revealed after an order was lifted by the judge, also pelted the centre and repeatedly screamed “EDL” throughout the assault on March 24.
You may also want to watch:
All four denied violent disorder but were convicted by a jury last month after just 90 minutes of deliberation.
Judge Timothy King sentenced Beale, Jones and Stephenson to three-and-a-half years each in a young offenders’ institution during yesterday’s hearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 3 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 4 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 5 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
Deluca, of Manford Way, Hainault was given a two-year detention and training order.
The judge told them: “It is difficult, it seems to me, to imagine a case of violent disorder more serious than this one.”
Investigating officer Det Con Fiona Robinson said: “This is a brilliant result for the victims of this incident and those affected by it.
“These sentences send out a clear message to those involved and anybody thinking of getting involved in this type of crime, that racial abuse and thuggish behaviour will not be tolerated in Redbridge borough or within the Metropolitan Police district.”