Ilford woman appears in court charged with murder of eight-year-old Ayesha Ali
An Ilford woman appeared in court today charged with the murder of eight-year-old Ayesha Ali.
Kiki Muddar, 41, of Green Lane, entered no plea in a hearing at the Old Bailey after previously appearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
Ayesha was found by paramedics with a head injury on August 29 at her home in Bedwell Court, Broomfield Road, Chadwell Heath.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Muddar was remanded in custody until a preliminary hearing at the Old Bailey on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
Ayesha’s mother Polly Chowdhury, 34, had previously been charged with the her daughter’s murder and will appear at the same court on November 19.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 5 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 8 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 9 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 10 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k