Ilford woman appears in court charged with murder of eight-year-old Ayesha Ali
An Ilford woman appeared in court today charged with the murder of eight-year-old Ayesha Ali.
Kiki Muddar, 41, of Green Lane, entered no plea in a hearing at the Old Bailey after previously appearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
Ayesha was found by paramedics with a head injury on August 29 at her home in Bedwell Court, Broomfield Road, Chadwell Heath.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Muddar was remanded in custody until a preliminary hearing at the Old Bailey on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
Ayesha’s mother Polly Chowdhury, 34, had previously been charged with the her daughter’s murder and will appear at the same court on November 19.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts