Ilford trains delayed last night after person hit by train
Trains were suspended last night after a person was hit by a train between Forest Gate and Manor Park stations.
The incident happened at about 9.45pm and the person was declared dead at the scene.
British Transport Police investigated and all lines were reopened again by about 10.45pm.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said police were not treating it as a criminal matter.
Police have been asked for comment.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge