Ilford trains delayed last night after person hit by train
Trains were suspended last night after a person was hit by a train between Forest Gate and Manor Park stations.
The incident happened at about 9.45pm and the person was declared dead at the scene.
British Transport Police investigated and all lines were reopened again by about 10.45pm.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said police were not treating it as a criminal matter.
Police have been asked for comment.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead