Ilford train station closed after fire in toilets
- Credit: Archant
Ilford train station was closed on Saturday after a fire started in the toilets.
The station, in Cranbrook Road, was evacuated at around 1pm while the blaze was extinguished.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “We were called at 1pm to a fire in the toilets on platform four.
“Around five per cent of the toilets were damaged and the incident was dealt with by 1.30pm.”
Trains passed though the station until it reopened, causing cancellations and delays on services from Liverpool Street through Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath stations to Shenfield.
You may also want to watch:
A Greater Anglia spokesman apologised for disruption caused by the fire.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower