Ilford train station closed after fire in toilets
- Credit: Archant
Ilford train station was closed on Saturday after a fire started in the toilets.
The station, in Cranbrook Road, was evacuated at around 1pm while the blaze was extinguished.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “We were called at 1pm to a fire in the toilets on platform four.
“Around five per cent of the toilets were damaged and the incident was dealt with by 1.30pm.”
Trains passed though the station until it reopened, causing cancellations and delays on services from Liverpool Street through Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath stations to Shenfield.
You may also want to watch:
A Greater Anglia spokesman apologised for disruption caused by the fire.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman