Ilford traffic jam caused by police blitz on car crime
A blitz on car crime was the reason for long tailbacks in Ilford during the morning rush hour yesterday.
Drivers reported delays of up to an hour as cars queued on the A406 Ilford slip road, with delays hitting Ilford Hill and Ilford Lane, which also had delays of around 40 minutes for cars travelling the length of the road from Barking.
The delays were sparked by Operation Reclaim, a crackdown on car crime.
It took place between 7am and 5pm yesterday in Ilford Hill, Ilford; Station Road, Ilford; Fencepiece Road, Barkingside; High Road, Seven Kings and Overton Drive, Wanstead.
A total of 309 vehicles were stopped, with 12 seized.
You may also want to watch:
Two people were arrested, five cannabis warnings were issued and 10 fixed penalty notices were handed out.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones