Ilford traders plan conference to help meet the Westfield Stratford challenge
Traders in Ilford have been invited to a convention with business gurus in a move aimed at helping them deal with “difficult times” when a new shopping centre in Stratford opens.
The conference, entitled Future Ilford – Meeting the Challenge, will feature presentations from high-profile speakers and is focused on bringing the town centre together so it can continue to prosper against its newest competitor, the Westfield Stratford City development.
The �1.45billion complex will become Europe’s largest urban shopping centre when it opens on September 13 and will feature more than 300 stores and restaurants as well as two hotels.
Advice and information will be provided by experts including former minister of state for trade Lord Digby Jones, John Burton development director for the Stratford City development and representatives from Ealing Business Improvement District (BID) who have experienced a similar challenge.
There will also be a question an answer session.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the Ilford BID, Marc Myers said: “This event is a real opportunity for retailers and other businesses in Ilford to take stock of the situation they are in and make a commitment to moving forward together.
“The new Stratford City development is going to put Ilford under some pressure and we think it’s important that we hold this event to give the town centre a chance to hear from some top industry experts so that we know what to expect and how we can continue to profit during what will initially be some difficult times.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
“We predict that demand for tickets to the event will be high so if you haven’t received one of the exclusive invitations and wish to attend get in contact with us.”
The event, organised by Ilford BID and supported by Redbridge Council, will take place on June 23 at Cineworld Ilford in Clements Road.
To request tickets contact Marc Myers on 020 8478 3534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.