Ilford traders plan conference to help meet the Westfield Stratford challenge
Traders in Ilford have been invited to a convention with business gurus in a move aimed at helping them deal with “difficult times” when a new shopping centre in Stratford opens.
The conference, entitled Future Ilford – Meeting the Challenge, will feature presentations from high-profile speakers and is focused on bringing the town centre together so it can continue to prosper against its newest competitor, the Westfield Stratford City development.
The �1.45billion complex will become Europe’s largest urban shopping centre when it opens on September 13 and will feature more than 300 stores and restaurants as well as two hotels.
Advice and information will be provided by experts including former minister of state for trade Lord Digby Jones, John Burton development director for the Stratford City development and representatives from Ealing Business Improvement District (BID) who have experienced a similar challenge.
There will also be a question an answer session.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the Ilford BID, Marc Myers said: “This event is a real opportunity for retailers and other businesses in Ilford to take stock of the situation they are in and make a commitment to moving forward together.
“The new Stratford City development is going to put Ilford under some pressure and we think it’s important that we hold this event to give the town centre a chance to hear from some top industry experts so that we know what to expect and how we can continue to profit during what will initially be some difficult times.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
“We predict that demand for tickets to the event will be high so if you haven’t received one of the exclusive invitations and wish to attend get in contact with us.”
The event, organised by Ilford BID and supported by Redbridge Council, will take place on June 23 at Cineworld Ilford in Clements Road.
To request tickets contact Marc Myers on 020 8478 3534 or email email@example.com.