Ilford the luckiest lottery town of all
IT IS official – Ilford is the luckiest lottery town in the country.
For the second year in a row, Ilford is top of the luckiest lottery town chart.
It had been shifted from the top spot by Medway Towns in Kent in 2009 after a long reign at the top.
But the IG postcode is now officially the luckiest place in the country for people hoping to bag life-changing cash prizes.
Since the lottery was established in 1994, �87.4million has been won in lottery prizes across Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne is second in the lucky lottery league, with Medway Towns in third.
Romford is fourth in the league with �158million won since 1994 and Sunderland is fifth.
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
Dartford, Perth, Bromley, St Albans and Durham complete the top 10.
The table is drawn up based on the number of winners compared with the overall population of where they live.
A national lottery spokesman said: “Congratulations to Ilford.
“There are a lot of residents who have enjoyed a lucky windfall over the last 16 years.”