Ilford the luckiest lottery town of all
IT IS official – Ilford is the luckiest lottery town in the country.
For the second year in a row, Ilford is top of the luckiest lottery town chart.
It had been shifted from the top spot by Medway Towns in Kent in 2009 after a long reign at the top.
But the IG postcode is now officially the luckiest place in the country for people hoping to bag life-changing cash prizes.
Since the lottery was established in 1994, �87.4million has been won in lottery prizes across Ilford.
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne is second in the lucky lottery league, with Medway Towns in third.
Romford is fourth in the league with �158million won since 1994 and Sunderland is fifth.
- 1 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 2 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 3 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 4 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 5 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 6 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 7 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 10 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
Dartford, Perth, Bromley, St Albans and Durham complete the top 10.
The table is drawn up based on the number of winners compared with the overall population of where they live.
A national lottery spokesman said: “Congratulations to Ilford.
“There are a lot of residents who have enjoyed a lucky windfall over the last 16 years.”