Ilford the luckiest lottery town of all
IT IS official – Ilford is the luckiest lottery town in the country.
For the second year in a row, Ilford is top of the luckiest lottery town chart.
It had been shifted from the top spot by Medway Towns in Kent in 2009 after a long reign at the top.
But the IG postcode is now officially the luckiest place in the country for people hoping to bag life-changing cash prizes.
Since the lottery was established in 1994, �87.4million has been won in lottery prizes across Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne is second in the lucky lottery league, with Medway Towns in third.
Romford is fourth in the league with �158million won since 1994 and Sunderland is fifth.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
Dartford, Perth, Bromley, St Albans and Durham complete the top 10.
The table is drawn up based on the number of winners compared with the overall population of where they live.
A national lottery spokesman said: “Congratulations to Ilford.
“There are a lot of residents who have enjoyed a lucky windfall over the last 16 years.”