Ilford the luckiest lottery town of all
IT IS official – Ilford is the luckiest lottery town in the country.
For the second year in a row, Ilford is top of the luckiest lottery town chart.
It had been shifted from the top spot by Medway Towns in Kent in 2009 after a long reign at the top.
But the IG postcode is now officially the luckiest place in the country for people hoping to bag life-changing cash prizes.
Since the lottery was established in 1994, �87.4million has been won in lottery prizes across Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne is second in the lucky lottery league, with Medway Towns in third.
Romford is fourth in the league with �158million won since 1994 and Sunderland is fifth.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
Dartford, Perth, Bromley, St Albans and Durham complete the top 10.
The table is drawn up based on the number of winners compared with the overall population of where they live.
A national lottery spokesman said: “Congratulations to Ilford.
“There are a lot of residents who have enjoyed a lucky windfall over the last 16 years.”