Ilford teenagers ready to show them how it’s done at London Fashion Week
Two budding teenage fashion designers will be showcasing their work at London Fashion Week in the hope of winning a national competition.
Sharon Mwangi and Denea Joseph are through to the final in a contest to win a top design placement with George at Asda.
The teenagers, together with 24 other finalists from around the country, will go head to head in a competition with their garments inspired by what it means to be British.
Sharon, 17, who studies at Valentines High School, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, and Denea Joseph,18, of Ilford, were chosen from 120 participants by a panel of industry experts.
Denea said: “It feels really amazing to be a finalist. When my name got called out I was really shocked to get selected because there were so many other beautiful designs that people had created.”
You may also want to watch:
They will find out on Monday whether they have won the Fashion Awareness Direct Junior Award at the fashion show in Covent Garden.
The competition aims to get young people into to fashion industry.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest