Ilford teenagers ready to show them how it’s done at London Fashion Week
Two budding teenage fashion designers will be showcasing their work at London Fashion Week in the hope of winning a national competition.
Sharon Mwangi and Denea Joseph are through to the final in a contest to win a top design placement with George at Asda.
The teenagers, together with 24 other finalists from around the country, will go head to head in a competition with their garments inspired by what it means to be British.
Sharon, 17, who studies at Valentines High School, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, and Denea Joseph,18, of Ilford, were chosen from 120 participants by a panel of industry experts.
Denea said: “It feels really amazing to be a finalist. When my name got called out I was really shocked to get selected because there were so many other beautiful designs that people had created.”
You may also want to watch:
They will find out on Monday whether they have won the Fashion Awareness Direct Junior Award at the fashion show in Covent Garden.
The competition aims to get young people into to fashion industry.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab