Ilford teenagers ready to show them how it’s done at London Fashion Week
Two budding teenage fashion designers will be showcasing their work at London Fashion Week in the hope of winning a national competition.
Sharon Mwangi and Denea Joseph are through to the final in a contest to win a top design placement with George at Asda.
The teenagers, together with 24 other finalists from around the country, will go head to head in a competition with their garments inspired by what it means to be British.
Sharon, 17, who studies at Valentines High School, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, and Denea Joseph,18, of Ilford, were chosen from 120 participants by a panel of industry experts.
Denea said: “It feels really amazing to be a finalist. When my name got called out I was really shocked to get selected because there were so many other beautiful designs that people had created.”
You may also want to watch:
They will find out on Monday whether they have won the Fashion Awareness Direct Junior Award at the fashion show in Covent Garden.
The competition aims to get young people into to fashion industry.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford