Ilford teenager wins award at London Fashion Week for paint-splattered dress
A 17-year-old has won an award at London Fashion Week with her paint-splattered leather and suede dress.
Denea Joseph, of Cranbrook Road, Ilford, was given the Commercial Design Award beating of fierce competition from 24 other talented teenagers.
She said: “It feels really amazing to have won an award. When my name got called out at the show I was really shocked that I got selected because there were so many other beautiful designs that people had created.”
Denea, who studies fashion at Newham College, was competing at the Fashion Awareness Direct junior awards.
She added: “I would like to do something in textiles but I’m not completely sure yet because there are so many things to do in fashion.
You may also want to watch:
“This experience will help me get there because it’s given me more understanding of the fashion industry.”
The competition took place in Covent Garden.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London