Ilford teenager wins award at London Fashion Week for paint-splattered dress
A 17-year-old has won an award at London Fashion Week with her paint-splattered leather and suede dress.
Denea Joseph, of Cranbrook Road, Ilford, was given the Commercial Design Award beating of fierce competition from 24 other talented teenagers.
She said: “It feels really amazing to have won an award. When my name got called out at the show I was really shocked that I got selected because there were so many other beautiful designs that people had created.”
Denea, who studies fashion at Newham College, was competing at the Fashion Awareness Direct junior awards.
She added: “I would like to do something in textiles but I’m not completely sure yet because there are so many things to do in fashion.
You may also want to watch:
“This experience will help me get there because it’s given me more understanding of the fashion industry.”
The competition took place in Covent Garden.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit