Ilford Subway manager who started food bank crowned best in the UK
An Ilford man has been crowned the best Subway manager in the whole of the UK and Ireland.
The sandwich chain has gave Jahangir Khan the franchisee of the year award for the country on top of the London area prize.
He has been running Subway branches across London, including the shop in High Road, Ilford, for three years.
Mr Khan has also set up the Rukhsana Khan Foundation, which runs a food bank in Walthamstow.
He said: “This is such a phenomenal recognition which fills me with pride.”
You may also want to watch:
Manager Prakash Solanki described Mr Khan as “incredibly hard working”.
He added: “He has become a pillar of the local community and their involvement with Rukhsana Khan Foundation.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford