Ilford Subway manager who started food bank crowned best in the UK
An Ilford man has been crowned the best Subway manager in the whole of the UK and Ireland.
The sandwich chain has gave Jahangir Khan the franchisee of the year award for the country on top of the London area prize.
He has been running Subway branches across London, including the shop in High Road, Ilford, for three years.
Mr Khan has also set up the Rukhsana Khan Foundation, which runs a food bank in Walthamstow.
He said: “This is such a phenomenal recognition which fills me with pride.”
You may also want to watch:
Manager Prakash Solanki described Mr Khan as “incredibly hard working”.
He added: “He has become a pillar of the local community and their involvement with Rukhsana Khan Foundation.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School