Ilford students raise more than �1k for children’s charity
Students raised more than �1,000 for charity and made special badges celebrating friendship and caring at a school in Ilford.
The pupils at Al-Noor Primary School, Green Lane raised the money for children’s charity Barnardo’s through getting donations from their family and friends.
Someera Butt, headteacher of the school, said: “We believe the work they do echoes our own values, such as striving to make a positive contribution to society.”
The school was visited by a representative from Barnado’s last week, who spoke to the children about the work they do.
She also gave a special teddy bear to one lucky child whose name was pulled from a hat.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Butt said: “Al-Noor Primary School believes that Barnado’s does very special and invaluable work caring for some of society’s most vulnerable people.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones