Ilford students raise more than �1k for children’s charity
Students raised more than �1,000 for charity and made special badges celebrating friendship and caring at a school in Ilford.
The pupils at Al-Noor Primary School, Green Lane raised the money for children’s charity Barnardo’s through getting donations from their family and friends.
Someera Butt, headteacher of the school, said: “We believe the work they do echoes our own values, such as striving to make a positive contribution to society.”
The school was visited by a representative from Barnado’s last week, who spoke to the children about the work they do.
She also gave a special teddy bear to one lucky child whose name was pulled from a hat.
Mrs Butt said: “Al-Noor Primary School believes that Barnado’s does very special and invaluable work caring for some of society’s most vulnerable people.”
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on