Ilford stabbing victim is identified
A man found stabbed to death in Ilford yesterday morning has been named by police.
Officers are satisfied the victim, discovered in a Shell petrol station forecourt in Ley Street at 3.15am, is Thomas Albert Cudjoe, 29, from Ilford.
A post mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary today gave his cause of death as stab wounds to the chest and legs.
Police are keeping an open mind as to any motive at this stage. They recovered the blue Ford Focus at the scene.
They are appealing for information, particularly from anyone who saw the Focus, registered EJ57 OED, in Ilford on Friday or the early hours of Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer DCI John Sandlin said: “I also wish to speak with anyone who had been in The Bell pub that evening as well as anyone who saw the altercation at the Shell petrol station.”
There have been no arrests
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
Anyone with information should contact 020 8345 3865. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.