Ilford South MP lends support to Arthritis campaign
- Credit: Archant
Mike Gapes, MP for Ilford South, has agreed to campaign to make musculoskeletal conditions like arthritis a public health priority.
Mr Gapes attended a parliamentary reception of Arthritis Research UK last week and said policy needs to be amended to ensure these conditions can be cured.
He said: “Musculoskeletal conditions affect a huge number of people and are a significant cause of disability in the UK.
“These are painful conditions which can have a massive impact on every aspect of people’s lives.
“We need to see change that creates the best possible policy environment in which to prevent and cure these conditions.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gapes also called for “an urgent transformation” of the services available to those living with the conditions.
Musculoskeletal conditions also include osteoarthritis, back pain and osteoporosis.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan