Ilford shopping centre entrances in line for revamp
This is what the Cranbrook Road entrance to the Exchange Ilford will look like once development work is completed later this year.
The High Road entrance to the shopping centre will also be revamped as part of a �10million programme, which will see fashion retailer Next open a 20,000 sq ft store.
Traders have thrown their support behind the changes, after being given a close look at what is planned to modernise the centre and secure its future.
Donna Weaver, assistant manager of Debenhamas, said: “We’re all really excited. We thought Primark’s arrival to the town centre was good, but the changes outlined are simply fantastic. Although the arrival of the massive Next is effectively competition, it will undoubtedly increase the profile of the whole centre which can only be a good thing.”
The revamp comes three months before Westfield Stratford City opens.
You may also want to watch:
New Look manager Mavra Papadatos said: “Having a big anchor store like Next coming is good news. With all the other changes I’m now much more confident in regards to the pressure that Westfield would impose on Exchange.”
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 9 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 10 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath