Ilford security firm ‘distressed’ by mass of incorrect post
An Ilford security firm has been receiving a “ridiculous” amount of incorrect mail for over a year leaving employees “distressed” at the situation.
Wilson Chowdhry, of A.A. Security Ltd, Green Lane, Ilford claims he has been getting post including household bills, court summons and even Christmas cards to his office for more than 18 months, despite bringing the problem to the attention of Royal Mail.
He said: “We used to post the mail back, but for the past three months we have been keeping it show the post office how much we are getting. It’s ridiculous and has got to stop.
“We get mail for people who claim to be at our address as well as post for other nearby roads.”
The company has also reported the problem to police after they received a number of fake IDs.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Chowdhry added: “We don’t even get our own mail, and have had cheques go missing or delivered to nearby shopkeepers. It is a complete farce and we are distressed about it. We have become a dumping ground for post.”
Royal Mail spokesman Valerie Antoine said: “We apologise to any customers who may have received misdelivered mail. Every letter is important to us and we value the quality of service to our customers.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 6 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 7 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 8 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 9 Redbridge residents come together for community clean-up
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
“If anyone does have concerns please call 08457 740 740 or visit royalmail.com so the complaint can be logged and investigated.”