Ilford’s only theatre will star in the Only Way is Essex tonight
Two of the stars of The Only Way is Essex were in the borough on Tuesday filming scenes for the show which will be broadcast tonight.
Gemma Collins and James Argent (Arg) spent several hours at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford filming scenes for Sunday’s episode of the ITV 2 show.
Manager, Steven Day, who has been friends with the couple for many years and will feature in the show, said: “I first met Gemma and Arg when we used to do shows together at the theatre. I had mentioned to Arg in the past that it would be great for theatre to be in the show.”
Mr Day has kept in regular contact with Arg, who is one of the original cast members, but had not spoken to Gemma in about 14 years.
He added: “When we met up it was really good fun and we started singing on stage. I hope it will help to promote the theatre.”
You may also want to watch:
Catch the Only Way is Essex tonight at 10pm on ITV2.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns