Ilford’s only theatre will star in the Only Way is Essex tonight
Two of the stars of The Only Way is Essex were in the borough on Tuesday filming scenes for the show which will be broadcast tonight.
Gemma Collins and James Argent (Arg) spent several hours at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford filming scenes for Sunday’s episode of the ITV 2 show.
Manager, Steven Day, who has been friends with the couple for many years and will feature in the show, said: “I first met Gemma and Arg when we used to do shows together at the theatre. I had mentioned to Arg in the past that it would be great for theatre to be in the show.”
Mr Day has kept in regular contact with Arg, who is one of the original cast members, but had not spoken to Gemma in about 14 years.
He added: “When we met up it was really good fun and we started singing on stage. I hope it will help to promote the theatre.”
You may also want to watch:
Catch the Only Way is Essex tonight at 10pm on ITV2.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites