Ilford’s Kenneth More Theatre lines up exciting new shows
As we wave goodbye to panto season for another year, an Ilford theatre is gearing itself up for an exciting 2013, full of original productions, live music and talented performers.
From a musical based on the works of Dr Seuss, to Gilbert and Sullivan’s, The Mikado, the Kenneth More Theatre, in Oakfield Road, has something to tempt even the fussiest theatre-goers over the next couple of months.
Re-live the iconic sounds of music’s greatest era in Rock Around The 60s, featuring The New Honeycombs and a tribute to the Everly Brothers on February 10.
The toe-tapping show will include popular hits from the decade, which are sure to have you dancing in your seat.
While Redbridge Stage Company will present Alan Ayckbourn’s critically acclaimed comedy, Absent Friends, opening on February 28.
You may also want to watch:
Havering Music Makers will also be arriving in the borough on Valentines Day, for their first ever production at the KMT, in The Mikado.
The show will transport the audience into the magnificent Japanese court of Titipu in a hilarious tale of love, corruption, marriage, executions and heroics.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
Shake a Tail Feather with The Joliet Blues Band is the UK’s premier tribute to the music made famous by the film The Blues Brothers. Starring award winning actors Dave Ratty and Iain Barton as those two famous brothers, this high octane show is on a mission to bring the best loved songs from the film to Redbridge on February 24.
Following a successful and critically acclaimed professional run in London’s West End, IODS Youth will present Our House, a hilarious and often touchingly romantic musical journey through one young man’s life.
Featuring the music of Madness, grab your ticket now to see the show which starts on March 14.
Finally, the theatre is pleased to announce one of the most performed shows in America, Seussical The Musical, will be coming to the Kenneth More stage in April.
The show weaves together many of Dr. Seuss’s characters and stories into one plotline with The Cat in the Hat as the host.
Manager, Steven Day, said: “We have so much stuff going on this year and after last year’s success, we really want to encourage people to come down and increase their love of theatre.”
For the full programme of shows and to book your tickets, please visit www.kmtheatre.co.uk or call 020 8553 4466.