Ilford’s Exchange offers ‘urban’ Christmas to shoppers
Spin the giant Christmas decks this festive season or get a personalised phone greeting courtesy of MC Joe Jas at Ilford’s only shopping centre.
The Exchange, High Road, launched its festivities last week with a distinctly urban feel thanks to performances from Santa’s Dance Crew.
Choreographed by Ash-Lee Rowan from Sky One’s Got To Dance, the dancers spun, flipped and somersaulted to the astonishment of shoppers.
The urban theme will continue this month as visitors spending �40 or more will get the chance to spin a giant disc to win more than �3,000 worth of prizes.
Children will also be able to wrap and decorate their gifts and Ilford MC, Joe Jas, will also be recording free personalised answerphone raps.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Marc Myers said: “We decided that it was time we provided a more contemporary interpretation of Christmas.
“Street dance, rapping and urban culture are very much part of the mainstream and we wanted to create a Christmas theme that mirrored our multi-cultural community.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
“We are also offering decoration making sessions and will have Santa and Mrs Claus visiting the centre every weekend.”