Ilford’s Body Shop staff hop to it for cancer patients
- Credit: Archant
Bunnies handing out cupcakes helped raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust on Saturday – as The Body Shop celebrated a year since reopening in Ilford.
Customers were urged to donate to the charity by purchasing homemade, sugary treats in-store as well as joining in with games such as pass the parcel.
The health and beauty store, at Exchange Ilford, in High Road, has opened its doors to the public once again 12 months ago after undergoing a refurbishment.
Store manager Gabriaela David wanted to celebrate the day with customers and is hoping it will provide a platform for another successful year.
She said: “It was a really fun day and everyone of our staff enjoyed it. I hope the customers did too.
You may also want to watch:
“We had plenty of games and cakes for people to tuck in to and there were also little gifts for customers who didn’t fancy a sweet treat.”
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 5 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 6 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones