Ilford’s 25 bus service fourth most complained about in London
The 25 bus service from Ilford to Oxford Circus is the fourth most complained about route in the capital, the Mayor of London has revealed.
From September 18 to October 15 – the most recently available reporting period – 33 complaints were made by passengers concerning the route, or four complaints per 100,000 journeys.
John Biggs, the London Assembly member for City and East, is calling for passengers to let him know their experiences on the route.
The figures were revealed in a written response from Boris Johnson to a question from Assembly member Valerie Shawcross. Mr Johnson said the overall number of complaints in London has fallen, from 2.62 per 100,000 journeys in 2009/10 to 2.39 in 2010/11.
But Mr Biggs said: “Now we discover our local buses are not performing.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s time the Mayor got a grip and delivered the high quality bus service local residents pay for.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine