Spiritual Life: Church - but not as you know, or expect it
- Credit: Archant
Eden Christian Centre has been a thriving, multi-cultural church in the heart of Ilford since the fifties.
Known as Church, but not as you know it; so many people have preconceived ideas about what church is about based on what they have seen, especially within the media. We want to change that.
We want church to be exciting, lively, friendly and the best place to be in the week.
One of the things we are encouraged to do as Christians, and based on the teachings of Jesus in the Bible, is to care for the poor, which includes feeding those who are hungry.
The only miracle that is repeated in all four Gospels in the Bible [Matthew, Mark, Luke and John] is Jesus feeding 5,000 men, plus women and children, totalling possibly 8,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
That’s how important it was to Jesus. It should be as important to us.
Jesus also teaches that humanity’s greater need is for spiritual food. “Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you.”
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 7 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 8 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
We have a constant opportunity to feed the hungry in our needy community, and in view of this, Eden Christian Centre has launched a soup kitchen for the homeless and those who are hungry in our community, this takes place every Thursday from 6pm to 8pm at Eden Christian Centre, Connaught Road, Ilford IG1 1RN.
For more information call our church office on 020 8478 4765.