A look at issues of today: Soon we’ll have to pay for the oxygen masks
- Credit: Archant
We’re filming the latest series of The Mash Report in Pinewood Studios, so now I think I’m up there with Harry Potter and James Bond. My bank manager disagrees.
There’s only one downside. I have to drive there. It’s not the jet set lifestyle I thought this TV lark would be but maybe that’s for the best.
Flying is getting worse. Ryanair has changed its baggage rules so that now we have to pay extra to take a suitcase with us.
Look on the plus side, at least you’ll never have your holiday ruined when the airline loses your luggage.
Luggage is now an optional extra. What are we meant to do, only go on holiday to nudest beaches? Not every destination has a nudest beach.
You may also want to watch:
Although every beach is a nudest beach if you really try.
Maybe this is why British tourists have a reputation for drinking loads and not wearing much – we don’t have the luggage space for clothes.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 9 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
And that’s why we drink; you have to do something to keep warm now you can’t take a coat.
You can still take a handbag with you but that will have your passport, foreign currency and mobile phone to film other racist Ryanair passengers, so you won’t have a lot of room left.
They say they’re doing it to reduce delays but if small suitcases cause delays why not ban them? Why charge for them? Surely taking money off someone causes more of a delay.
It’s the way budget airlines are going, charging for things you would have expected. It won’t be long till you get on a flight and hear the safety announcement say, “In the event of a sudden loss of pressure oxygen masks will drop down from the compartment above you. Just put a coin in the slot and oxygen will flow.”