Ilford pupils make their West End debut
Pupils became the stars of tomorrow when they took to the London stage in their own show which included songs from some of the most famous musicals of all time.
Youngsters at Uphall Primary School, Uphall Road, Ilford, got the chance to perform at the Shaw Theatre in the West End last week.
The Circle of Life, followed the children on a creative journey incorporating a number of hit musicals from the West End to Broadway including Wicked, Hairspray, Annie and Thriller.
Assistant headteacher Patricia Herrera Cronin said: “The children are so fortunate to have been given this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to perform.
“Their talents have been nurtured in a rehearsal process which has been ongoing since September and it finally came to fruition in a fantastic West End production.
You may also want to watch:
“We are truly proud of their commitment and enthusiasm.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle