Ilford police community support officer cleared of theft
Ilford police community support officer James Nouchin, 31, was cleared of theft at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday.
His colleague Shane Alborough, 27, was found guilty of one count of theft and cleared of another.
He was ordered to pay �600 in prosecution costs with 200 hours of community service.
They were accused of stealing groceries including sandwiches, toilet cleaner and fruit juice from a Tesco branch in Upton Park in December, the court heard.
Mr Nouchin, of Wellesley Road, was cleared of both counts.
You may also want to watch:
Aldorough was caught shoplifting a large Toblerone by putting it inside his uniform vest.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder