Ilford pensioner hospitalised after fire at retirement home
PUBLISHED: 13:55 03 May 2018 | UPDATED: 15:23 03 May 2018
A pensioner was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation following a fire at an Ilford retirement home.
Two fire engines were called to reports of a fire at a flat in Wiltshire Court, near Pittman Gardens, at 12.20pm today.
A woman of retirement age evacuated the flat before firefighters arrived and was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
She was later taken to a hospital by the London Ambulance Service.
Three rooms of her flat were filled with smoke as a result of a fire started from cooking.
Firefighters, who responded from Barking fire station, brought the blaze under control by 1.26pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.