Ilford on the small screen as Apprentice candidates come to town to sell fake tan and toy insects
Candidates vying to be Lord Sugar’s business partner on BBC One’s The Apprentice set up a stall in Ilford’s shopping centre – where toy insects went down a storm.
The team project managed by candidate Jade Nash chose Exchange Ilford, in High Road, as one of two places to sell items bought from an Essex wholesaler.
Their mission was to sell what they bought, buy more of what had sold well, and keep going until Lord Sugar had sounded the bell and it was boardroom time.
Candidates Laura Hogg, Azhar Siddique and Tom Gearing were seen in last night’s episode in Exchange Ilford trying to sell bottles of fake tan, toy insects and hot water bottles, among other things.
And it was the toy insects, which were bought for 60p but sold for �3, that were being snapped up by Ilford’s shoppers.
You may also want to watch:
But come boardroom time it was Jade’s team who were in the firing line, with Azhar given the proverbial finger by Lord Sugar.
The team led by candidate Nick Holzherr won the task, earning �955 compared to their rivals’ total of �838.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
The episode, which was filmed last year, saw the candidates whittled down to nine.
• Did you see The Apprentice being filmed in Ilford? Did you happen to purchase something from the intrepid entrepreneurs? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800 or email email@example.com.