Ilford North MP Lee Scott describes Margaret Thatcher funeral as ‘emotional’
- Credit: PA
A Redbridge MP who attended Margaret Thatcher’s funeral today has described it as “emotional”.
Ilford North MP Lee Scott added: “It got exactly the right tone and it was an honour to be there to show my respect.”
Chingford and Woodford Green MP Iain Duncan Smith also attended as part of the government cabinet.
Cllr Paul Canal and Cllr Alex Phillips travelled to central London to watch the funeral procession.
Baroness Thatcher was was given full military honours as the coffin bearing her body was brought to the cathedral in procession on a gun carriage drawn by six black horses.
You may also want to watch:
There were more than 2,300 guests at the funeral at St Paul’s Cathedral, including family, public figures and political leaders from around the world.
The funeral cost the government an estimated £10million pounds.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School