Ilford North MP Lee Scott describes Margaret Thatcher funeral as ‘emotional’
- Credit: PA
A Redbridge MP who attended Margaret Thatcher’s funeral today has described it as “emotional”.
Ilford North MP Lee Scott added: “It got exactly the right tone and it was an honour to be there to show my respect.”
Chingford and Woodford Green MP Iain Duncan Smith also attended as part of the government cabinet.
Cllr Paul Canal and Cllr Alex Phillips travelled to central London to watch the funeral procession.
Baroness Thatcher was was given full military honours as the coffin bearing her body was brought to the cathedral in procession on a gun carriage drawn by six black horses.
You may also want to watch:
There were more than 2,300 guests at the funeral at St Paul’s Cathedral, including family, public figures and political leaders from around the world.
The funeral cost the government an estimated £10million pounds.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say