Ilford Muslims holding march this afternoon in memory of murdered soldier Lee Rigby
A march organised by a Muslim group is being held this afternoon as a mark of solidarity with the family of murdered solider Lee Rigby.
The 25-year-old was stabbed to death in a street attack in Woolwich on May 22.
The march is being organised by the Association of British Muslims.
It will begin at 5pm in Fanshawe Avenue, Barking and end outside Sainsbury’s supermarket, Roden Street, Ilford at about 7pm.
Labour MP Keith Vaz will be giving a speech, among others, when the march reaches Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 3 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal