ILFORD MURDER: Accused in court this morning
A teenager charged with the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze is due in court this morning.
Dale Williams, 19, of Barking, will appear in Redbridge Magistrates’ Court charged with murder and violence disorder.
Kelvin died of a stab wound to the chest after a disturbance in Ilford Town Centre on Monday of last week.
He had been at a birthday part in the area and was later found lying injured in a car park off Thompson Close, Ilford.
He died nine hours later in the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel after undergoing surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Dolby, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “As with all prosecutions, we will keep the case against the defendant under review and consider any new evidence provided to us by the police during their ongoing investigation into this incident.”
Two 30-year-old men arrested on suspicion of murder have been bailed to return to police in September.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Anyone with information on the murder is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.