ILFORD MURDER: Accused in court this morning
A teenager charged with the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze is due in court this morning.
Dale Williams, 19, of Barking, will appear in Redbridge Magistrates’ Court charged with murder and violence disorder.
Kelvin died of a stab wound to the chest after a disturbance in Ilford Town Centre on Monday of last week.
He had been at a birthday part in the area and was later found lying injured in a car park off Thompson Close, Ilford.
He died nine hours later in the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel after undergoing surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Dolby, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “As with all prosecutions, we will keep the case against the defendant under review and consider any new evidence provided to us by the police during their ongoing investigation into this incident.”
Two 30-year-old men arrested on suspicion of murder have been bailed to return to police in September.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
Anyone with information on the murder is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.