Ilford motorist faces jail after being found with cocaine and knife
A motorist caught with �700 of cocaine and a lock-knife in his Range Rover could end up behind bars.
Rolando Hyde, 57, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, was arrested after a passing police community support officer smelled cannabis coming from his vehicle.
When questioned Hyde threw a bag over a garden wall, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Officers retrieved it and found �700 worth of cocaine in 30 bags and a small amount of cannabis.
Prosecutor Alistair Keith said PCSO Kyle Perry had spotted Hyde’s vehicle in Kenwood Gardens, Gants Hill, shortly before 2pm on August 6 last year.
You may also want to watch:
He added there was a struggle between Mr Hyde and constables Frances McInerny and Charles Senghor with Pc Senghor pushed to the ground.
In interview Hyde admitted the drugs were his, but insisted they were for personal use. He claimed Pc Senghor fell rather than being pushed.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
The jury convicted Hyde of possession of a class A drug with intent to supply and for having an article with a blade or point and of possession of cannabis. He will be sentenced on June 24.