Ilford motorist faces jail after being found with cocaine and knife
A motorist caught with �700 of cocaine and a lock-knife in his Range Rover could end up behind bars.
Rolando Hyde, 57, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, was arrested after a passing police community support officer smelled cannabis coming from his vehicle.
When questioned Hyde threw a bag over a garden wall, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Officers retrieved it and found �700 worth of cocaine in 30 bags and a small amount of cannabis.
Prosecutor Alistair Keith said PCSO Kyle Perry had spotted Hyde’s vehicle in Kenwood Gardens, Gants Hill, shortly before 2pm on August 6 last year.
You may also want to watch:
He added there was a struggle between Mr Hyde and constables Frances McInerny and Charles Senghor with Pc Senghor pushed to the ground.
In interview Hyde admitted the drugs were his, but insisted they were for personal use. He claimed Pc Senghor fell rather than being pushed.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 9 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
The jury convicted Hyde of possession of a class A drug with intent to supply and for having an article with a blade or point and of possession of cannabis. He will be sentenced on June 24.