Ilford motorist faces jail after being found with cocaine and knife
A motorist caught with �700 of cocaine and a lock-knife in his Range Rover could end up behind bars.
Rolando Hyde, 57, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, was arrested after a passing police community support officer smelled cannabis coming from his vehicle.
When questioned Hyde threw a bag over a garden wall, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Officers retrieved it and found �700 worth of cocaine in 30 bags and a small amount of cannabis.
Prosecutor Alistair Keith said PCSO Kyle Perry had spotted Hyde’s vehicle in Kenwood Gardens, Gants Hill, shortly before 2pm on August 6 last year.
You may also want to watch:
He added there was a struggle between Mr Hyde and constables Frances McInerny and Charles Senghor with Pc Senghor pushed to the ground.
In interview Hyde admitted the drugs were his, but insisted they were for personal use. He claimed Pc Senghor fell rather than being pushed.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 10 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
The jury convicted Hyde of possession of a class A drug with intent to supply and for having an article with a blade or point and of possession of cannabis. He will be sentenced on June 24.