Ilford media company supports hospital fundraising scheme
A small marketing company in Ilford, which was set up only two years ago, is using its local influence to raise money for a children’s hospital.
Marcomedia Solutions, in Coventry Road, is sponsoring resident, Manjit Lall who has decided to raise vital funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital children’s charity.
The Small Steps Campaign began when Ms Lall’s nephew, three-year-old Milan, was diagnosed with Burkitt’s lymphoma, and after 11 months of intense chemotherapy is now in remission.
The company is supporting the campaign by designing and printing all promotional material, and it also ran an event last Saturday.
Bosses are also sponsoring the North East London Business Expo at Leyton Orient Football Club.
You may also want to watch:
The marketing and design agency was set up by Surinder Bhambra and Tony Bhambhra in 2010 with a team of six people.
Mr Bhambra said: “It is a lot of fun working within a small team and we all bring different skills to the table.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
“I decided to set up the company after being part of this industry for 11 years and thought it was the right challenge.
“Both Tony and I are from Redbridge and we thought it was important to support local companies.
Their clients include NHS North East London and the City, including the recent ‘‘Don’t go to A&E’’ campaign, Ash Parmar cosmetic dentist as featured in ITV2’s The Only Way Is Essex, Living’s Extreme Makeover and ITV1’s This Morning, Papa Johns Pizzas, Ilford, and The Coliseum Suite, Ilford’s largest banqueting venue.
Mr Bhambra added: “When Manjit approached us about sponsorship we thought it was a brilliant idea and my heart went out to Milan who has been really ill.”
To donate please visit www.justgiving.com/Manjit-Lall/new/2