Ilford media company supports hospital fundraising scheme
A small marketing company in Ilford, which was set up only two years ago, is using its local influence to raise money for a children’s hospital.
Marcomedia Solutions, in Coventry Road, is sponsoring resident, Manjit Lall who has decided to raise vital funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital children’s charity.
The Small Steps Campaign began when Ms Lall’s nephew, three-year-old Milan, was diagnosed with Burkitt’s lymphoma, and after 11 months of intense chemotherapy is now in remission.
The company is supporting the campaign by designing and printing all promotional material, and it also ran an event last Saturday.
Bosses are also sponsoring the North East London Business Expo at Leyton Orient Football Club.
You may also want to watch:
The marketing and design agency was set up by Surinder Bhambra and Tony Bhambhra in 2010 with a team of six people.
Mr Bhambra said: “It is a lot of fun working within a small team and we all bring different skills to the table.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
“I decided to set up the company after being part of this industry for 11 years and thought it was the right challenge.
“Both Tony and I are from Redbridge and we thought it was important to support local companies.
Their clients include NHS North East London and the City, including the recent ‘‘Don’t go to A&E’’ campaign, Ash Parmar cosmetic dentist as featured in ITV2’s The Only Way Is Essex, Living’s Extreme Makeover and ITV1’s This Morning, Papa Johns Pizzas, Ilford, and The Coliseum Suite, Ilford’s largest banqueting venue.
Mr Bhambra added: “When Manjit approached us about sponsorship we thought it was a brilliant idea and my heart went out to Milan who has been really ill.”
To donate please visit www.justgiving.com/Manjit-Lall/new/2