Ilford man quizzed in double murder probe
AN ILFORD man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering two men.
The 42-year-old man is being questioned at an unnamed north London police station after his arrest on Tuesday.
His arrest was in connection with the shooting of Lee Wallace, 25, and Jayson Hassan, 28.
Both men were standing outside Strang House, Britannia Row, Islington, in the early hours of November 9, when they were shot.
Mr Wallace, of The Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Residents who heard the noise rushed to help him, but found him slumped in a corner.
Mr Hassan, of Bethnal Green, died in hospital the next day.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 9 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
Two other men previously arrested in connection with the murders, and bailed to return in February pending further inquiries, have been re-arrested.
The men, aged 27 and 42, are also being questioned at an unnamed north London police station.