Ilford man quizzed in double murder probe
AN ILFORD man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering two men.
The 42-year-old man is being questioned at an unnamed north London police station after his arrest on Tuesday.
His arrest was in connection with the shooting of Lee Wallace, 25, and Jayson Hassan, 28.
Both men were standing outside Strang House, Britannia Row, Islington, in the early hours of November 9, when they were shot.
Mr Wallace, of The Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Residents who heard the noise rushed to help him, but found him slumped in a corner.
Mr Hassan, of Bethnal Green, died in hospital the next day.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
Two other men previously arrested in connection with the murders, and bailed to return in February pending further inquiries, have been re-arrested.
The men, aged 27 and 42, are also being questioned at an unnamed north London police station.