Ilford man quizzed in double murder probe
AN ILFORD man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering two men.
The 42-year-old man is being questioned at an unnamed north London police station after his arrest on Tuesday.
His arrest was in connection with the shooting of Lee Wallace, 25, and Jayson Hassan, 28.
Both men were standing outside Strang House, Britannia Row, Islington, in the early hours of November 9, when they were shot.
Mr Wallace, of The Broadway, Loughton, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Residents who heard the noise rushed to help him, but found him slumped in a corner.
Mr Hassan, of Bethnal Green, died in hospital the next day.
- 1 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
Two other men previously arrested in connection with the murders, and bailed to return in February pending further inquiries, have been re-arrested.
The men, aged 27 and 42, are also being questioned at an unnamed north London police station.