Ilford man in hospital with serious multiple injuries after crash on M11
An Ilford man is in a serious condition in hospital after suffering multiple injuries in a car crash on the M11.
The silver Peugeot 206 he was driving came into collision with a blue Vauxhall Vectra on the M11 near Epping, close to the M25 interchange, at just before 5pm yesterday.
The injured man, who Essex Police say is in his 20s, was taken by air ambulance to Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone, and later transferred to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel where he is being treated for his injuries.
The southbound carriageway was closed for about two hours while initial investigations were carried out.
The driver of the Vectra, a 30-year-old man from north London, was arrested on suspicion of causing injury by dangerous driving and was later bailed pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging any witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the crash, to call 101.
Officers especially want to hear from the driver of a black vehicle who they say may be an important witness.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns