Ilford man in hospital with serious multiple injuries after crash on M11
An Ilford man is in a serious condition in hospital after suffering multiple injuries in a car crash on the M11.
The silver Peugeot 206 he was driving came into collision with a blue Vauxhall Vectra on the M11 near Epping, close to the M25 interchange, at just before 5pm yesterday.
The injured man, who Essex Police say is in his 20s, was taken by air ambulance to Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone, and later transferred to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel where he is being treated for his injuries.
The southbound carriageway was closed for about two hours while initial investigations were carried out.
The driver of the Vectra, a 30-year-old man from north London, was arrested on suspicion of causing injury by dangerous driving and was later bailed pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging any witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the crash, to call 101.
Officers especially want to hear from the driver of a black vehicle who they say may be an important witness.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care