Ilford man charged with rape of 14-year-old girl
An Ilford man has been charged with three counts of rape against a 14-year-old girl.
David Sarpong, 23, of Cedar Close, has been charged with two counts of rape and one count of attempted rape.
He is one seven men who have been charged with conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child..
The Crown Prosecution Service announced this morning that it had authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge the seven.
They all face charges for conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child.
They also face other sexual offence charges.
One man, Desmond Agyei, has also been charged with four counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and trafficking a person within the UK for sexual exploitation.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
Two men, Edward Kofi Edunya and Perry Murray, have been charged with one count of rape each.
Ade Atitebi has been charged with trafficking a person within the UK for sexual exploitation and one count of voyeurism.
Austin Odisi has been charged with eight counts of rape, and Justin Maynard has been charged with five counts of rape.
The charges relate to offences under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 which occurred between May and November 2012.
All seven defendants are due to appear before Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning.