Ilford man charged with rape of 14-year-old girl
An Ilford man has been charged with three counts of rape against a 14-year-old girl.
David Sarpong, 23, of Cedar Close, has been charged with two counts of rape and one count of attempted rape.
He is one seven men who have been charged with conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child..
The Crown Prosecution Service announced this morning that it had authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge the seven.
They all face charges for conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child.
You may also want to watch:
They also face other sexual offence charges.
One man, Desmond Agyei, has also been charged with four counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and trafficking a person within the UK for sexual exploitation.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
Two men, Edward Kofi Edunya and Perry Murray, have been charged with one count of rape each.
Ade Atitebi has been charged with trafficking a person within the UK for sexual exploitation and one count of voyeurism.
Austin Odisi has been charged with eight counts of rape, and Justin Maynard has been charged with five counts of rape.
The charges relate to offences under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 which occurred between May and November 2012.
All seven defendants are due to appear before Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning.