Ilford man bidding to Hitchhike from Portugal to China
A 27-year-old man plans to hitchhike from Portugal to China to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Vytas Balciunas wants to travel the entire 9,000 miles spending as little money as possible and none at all on transport.
He is trying to raise as much money as possible before setting off at the end of May.
Mr Balciunas, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, said: “I want to do something big that will help people and cancer could affect anyone.”
He got the idea when he travelled through Germany, France and Spain hitchhiking when he was 19.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something different and it will take dedication. A marathon can be over in hours but this will take weeks. I want to do something for humanity, which will make my proud for the rest of my life, and be an example to others to not be afraid of a challenge.”
To find out more or to donate visit www.justgiving.com/vytautasbalciunas1401.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer