Ilford man arrested for manslaughter after festival-goer Paul Wickerson struck and killed by multiple cars
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
An Ilford man is one of two arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after an Australian festival-goer was struck and killed by multiple cars in an Essex road.
Pedestrian Paul Wickerson, 32, died after colliding with as many as four vehicles in Lower Burnham Road, North Fambridge, at about 10.45pm on Saturday, August 31.
Mr Wickerson, from Sydney, had been visiting friends and relatives in Surrey, and had earlier that night been at the Brownstock music festival in Stow Maries.
Essex detectives now believe that he was evicted from the festival and was taken to North Fambridge shortly before the collision happened.
The 48-year-old from Ilford and a 32-year-old man from Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, were arrested this week and have both been bailed until December 9, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wickerson’s family said he had “fulfilled many things in his life, displaying his vibrant personality at all times.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge