Ilford man arrested for manslaughter after festival-goer Paul Wickerson struck and killed by multiple cars
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
An Ilford man is one of two arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after an Australian festival-goer was struck and killed by multiple cars in an Essex road.
Pedestrian Paul Wickerson, 32, died after colliding with as many as four vehicles in Lower Burnham Road, North Fambridge, at about 10.45pm on Saturday, August 31.
Mr Wickerson, from Sydney, had been visiting friends and relatives in Surrey, and had earlier that night been at the Brownstock music festival in Stow Maries.
Essex detectives now believe that he was evicted from the festival and was taken to North Fambridge shortly before the collision happened.
The 48-year-old from Ilford and a 32-year-old man from Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, were arrested this week and have both been bailed until December 9, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wickerson’s family said he had “fulfilled many things in his life, displaying his vibrant personality at all times.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park