Probus Club of Ilford commemorate the centenary anniversary of the end of the First World War
- Credit: Archant
Retired businessmen held a luncheon to commemorate the centenary anniversary of the end of the First World War.
The Probus Club of Ilford invited 40 guests from a variety of service organisations to Luigi’s Restaurant, Beehive Lane, Gants Hill on Friday, November 2. Guests from Blesma (The Limbless Veterans), Help4Heroes, Invictus Games medal winner lance corporal Abbie Kasparis, Ilford Historical Society, and the London Fire Brigade also attended.
Roger Norwood, social secretary said the lunch was a great success.
“One of our guests had recently returned from two tours of Afghanistan and Luigi very kindly provided complimentary pre-meal drinks for guests and members on arrival,” he said.
“Jef Page, a well-known local historian, gave a short talk about Ilford and some of its residents at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
The Probus club meets every month for lunch and invite a guest speaker.
To join email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club